We are excited to announce that we are expanding our services to include Functional Healthcare. Our provider is in training so it is a great time to receive these services at a lower cost.
What is functional Health Care?
Functional Health care is a way of looking at a person that seeks out the root causes of symptoms and disease. The idea is to see the person as a whole rather than just diagnoses. Our practitioner spends more time with patients to learn their history, and look at interactions in their current circumstances that impact health.
Along with the same considerations as traditional medical care, what else does the functional practitioner consider?
- Immune function
- Digestion and Absorption
- Regulation of hormones
Why does this matter?
- All of these factors are important in health maintenance
- Alterations in these systems can lead to disease.
- Modifying these factors can improve symptoms.
How is Functional health care different?
- Prevention is the emphasis. Our bodies give us many early warning signs of disturbances in functionality. We need to pay attention to these rather than masking them.
- Practitioner provides individualized treatment plans which may include prescription medications, Nutriceuticals, Specialized dietary changes, and lifestyle modifications. All with the goal to improve your wellbeing.
- Education is provided on what caused the dysfunction and how to repair this through lifestyle and diet modification.
- Emphasis is on using food as medicine in the long term.